Custom Search



Dan Leone Fired

Dan Leone FiredEagles worker fired over Facebook rant

This is why you kids have to be careful what you post on Facebook.

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Dan Leone, a 32-year old lifelong Eagles fan who worked as the west gate chief at the Linc on game days for the past six years, was fired because of a rant he posted on his Facebook page after the Eagles allowed Brian Dawkins to become a free agent (he later signed with the Broncos).

Within a week, he was fired. Let me also mention that Leone suffered from a neurological disorder called transverse myelitis that caused muscle fatigue and limited range of motion in his limbs, which forced him to work from a wheelchair when the pain of standing became too unbearable.

Said Leone: "I tried putting in my case to Rachel [Vitagliano, the team's guest services manager]. I told her I worked there for six years. I did whatever they asked. I only missed one Eagles game the entire time I worked there, and that was because I'm a Mummer. I told her it was my dream to work for the Eagles and that I'd never do anything like that again."

He continued: "I apologized for it. I apologized 20 million times. I never bad-mouthed the organization before. I made one mistake and they terminate me? And they couldn't even bring me into the office to talk to me? They had to do it over the phone? At least look me in the eye. To get done dirty like this, I can't believe it. I'm devastated."

The Eagles had a brief response through a representative: "The only information we can share is that Dan was a seasonal game-day employee and not a full-time member of the Eagles staff."

Personally, I'm really surprised by this harsh ruling. Wouldn't you think the Eagles would want an employee who deals with hardcore fans on a weekly basis to show the same fervor about the team as they do? I guess towing the company line is more important.

Original Source : http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/bob_blog/2009/03/eagles_worker_fired_over_faceb.html